About the Author

Alesia Gainer ()

4 thoughts on “Welcome to ICT’s Emotion & Cognition website!”

1. Hello Rijul.
      We are in the process of building this website out. Will shoot you an email once it is complete. Thank you!

1. I was hoping for more content. I am not a student. Just some guy that has been programming a long time. I have always been interested in combining computer input with an emotion model. The model would assess the most probable emotion vector and respond appropriately. I am assessing how to apply a suitable decay function, after an emotional trigger, returning the state to neutral. My current explorations are organised around learning to use python data acquisition and neural net libraries as possible input into an emotional response vector machine. Affective computing is now able to detect very many physical subtleties, but I also need to read more about that. My vague goal is to make systems more empathetic. Difficult because human empathy is a product of our evolved biology. We require empathy as a social energy optimisation. Computers are not very energy optimal nor are they aware of a need for that. Anyway, I’ll look at your site again sometime. All the best.

1. Hello Peter and yes, we are in the process of building this website out. Will shoot you an email once it is complete. Thank you!